I went through a weird upset tummy phase so I unfortunately missed a beauty blogger's meetup by Dove. They introduced their new product, Dove Intense repair shampoo and conditioner and from what I heard from fellow bloggers it was a fun meetup.
Disclosure: Samples are provided for consideration purposes by the brand or a PR company. Reviews are always honest and never paid for :)
I had excused my self politely that day but to my surprise a few days later I received something special in the mail :)
The brand was sweet enough to sent me this care package to review with added bonus of Raintree Spa free blow dry. I tested the product for atleast a week. I prefer testing products for a minimum of a week 10 days rather than posting about them the very next day of receiving them to do justice to their review.
"Dove® Intensive Repair Shampoo & Conditioner helps rebind and restore damaged hair proteins. Get up to 5X* smoother hair in just one wash. The secret to healthy-looking hair starts with advanced care. Dove® Intensive Repair Shampoo & Conditioner includes patented technologies to target dryness and damage found in hair. Smooth, strengthen, and help prevent split ends and breakage with Dove® Intensive Repair."
I am not going to lie. I had used Dove shampoo only once before in my life. I love their soap but never really got around to using their hair products much. The last time I used the dove shampoo I remember having a fine experience but don't really know why I switched.
My hair is fine and wavy. I don't use a lot of products and also don't blow dry or flat iron that often. The only damage I can think of is the pollution outside. I did however dye my hair a lot in the past but does that count? I tested this product out keeping all of the above in mind and here is what I experienced:
- Thick, shimmery white formula
- Lathers up well
- Refreshing smell
- Shampoo works well to de-tangle hair without using conditioner. I observed my hair gets a bit limp after conditioning regularly with this product so I skip conditioner in alternate washes
- Hair feels soft but I don't see too much shine
- Recommended to frequent blow dryers. I tried blow drying after using this product and hair didn't feel wispy brittle like they sometimes feel afterward
- Split-ends considerably reduced
- Hair didnt tangle even after a breezy rickshaw ride :)
- Ideal for curly, frizzy hair
- No hair fall reduction (not in 7 days at least)
- Contains silicon and many other chemicals ( I am cool with chemicals most of the time but I know a lot may not be)
Will I buy this product again? Too soon to tell but its definitely my go to product for the time being for the morning after the blow dry starts fizzling out.
How would I rate it? 3/5
Cost and availability? A great thing about dove product is that is readily available. Available nationwide in all leading super stores and cosmetic shops. The products cost PKR.275+
Do share your experience with this product in the comments below as well :)