The beauties all over the world (specially the ones who love lip glosses) have been raving about GUERLAIN Maxi Shine Lip Gloss D'enfer. Some even say its the "Perfect Lip Gloss" ever created. . . . really?
Well I am not totally a lip gloss person, I prefer something more solid. I also prefer matte over shiny when it comes to most things except gold...anything gold can be shiny, glittery, matte, whatever it wants to be I am cool with that. I should not drift off topic...ooops the bedazzling distraction hehe
"Guarantee your lips a shimmering, radiant, and plumping finish. The oil composition creates a moisturizing barrier to ensure an intense softness. Additionally, each shade presents varying degrees of coverage and pigment intensity. The perfect partner for a desirable, appealing smile, Maxi Shine offers tailor-made effects for beautifully enhanced lips"
Well the brand has actually said everything I suppose, but what did a non lip gloss lover, who happened to stumble upon a deluxe version, experience?
- Gloss I got was Candy Strip 468 - A watermelon pink shade which makes your lips look just bitten or like you had a dozen raspberry icicles . . . You get the point!
- LOTS of color options - 21 shades to chose from
- Pigmented? yes well as pigmented as gloss should be
- Sticky like most glosses I come across? not at all. It actually didnt get bothersome, was light weight as well comfortable
- Long lasting? Dont lick it and it will stay for good two hours...that's like getting the MOST out of lip glosses right? :)
- Formula is like a Moisture whip - Even though its talks about plumping but let's just face the fact that if my naturally plump lips get any "plump-er" they might burst, so yea didnt notice any plumping, HOWEVER lips did get super soft with a satiny smooth texture
- Has a bit of shimmer - I suppose that also how it adds the plumping depth
- Innovative quality? The oils and ingredients used in the lip gloss locks moisture and keeps your lips from chapping. Quite ideal for the coming winters
- Doe applicator makes application child play
- Smells fruity and doesn't taste bad either. Now you dont have to worry when you want to go for lingering kisses. . . ehem!
Full size available online on Sephora and Nordstorm (prices fluctuate from $30 on wards) and also available locally in Pakistan at Scentsation Outlets for PKR.3500+
If I was a Gloss lover I would have definitely given it a 4/5 . . . almost perfect...uup.