Time to pucker up, yet again. Makeup Revolution is one of those considerably new brands which has found fame quickly, and for good reasons. The products are really reasonable, full of variety and fun to play with. I had ordered some products and even reviewed an eye shadow palette earlier on my blog. I got some more goodies from their I Heart Makeup series, lipsticks in particular.
The Makeup Revolution "I ♡ Makeup" series has 5 different kinds of lip products:
♡ Lip Geek Lipstick
♡ I Heart My Lips Lipstick
♡ The Wow Stick
♡ Wow Lipgloss
♡ Lip Lava
The ones I will be reviewing are from I ♡ my Lips and Lip Geek.
I ♡ my Lips - Lipstick in HEART ATTACK
The BRAND Claims:"The I ♡ Makeup Geeks have utilized ‘core’ technology to obsess over these cute babies!Matt/Satin Outer and with a shimmer core of LOVE in the middle, blend together on application - to create Heaven."
This packaging is simple yet playful, the heart shape of the lipstick it self is definitely an attractive selling point. Before using it I though the application may be an issue due to it's shape, but it wasn't.
- Shade is a Bright cool red
- Pigmented enough for a good application while not being cakey
- Smooth application, glides like butter thanks to the core
- The matte outer and shimmery inner balm blend together beautifully while you apply
- Good moisturizing effect without looking overly shining
- Satisfactory Staying power and need reapplication after a couple of hours (unless you eat it off with a few minutes of application)
- Good color payoff
- Great Value for money
- Original Price = £2.49 but I ordered mine for approx PKR.500
Lip Geek Lipstick in 'I CAUGHT MYSELF SMILING'
The BRAND Claims:
"Serious LIP Colors in a Super Pigmented shades.
We are LIP GEEK, .so we do the shades in a very obsessed way"
The Lipstick comes in a metallic pink, bullet shaped tube. The inner metallic purple looks good against the pink as well. The Packaging is definitely eye catching. However, I was not happy with this lipstick as I was with the 'I Love my lips' one, mainly because its not fully of what it claims.
- Shade is a Coral nude
- Not well pigmented (at least not the color I got)
- Balmy, Sheer finish and feel
- Smells like vaseline
- Great for day wear when you want something extra on your eyes but lesser on lips
- Not at all long lasting (neither does it claim it)
- Good Value for money
- Comes in 24 shades
- Original price = £1.99 but I ordered mine for approx PKR. 400
Lipstick that I may not be fond of doesn't mean other may not use them so if you want to give it a go you should because it won't hurt your pocket much :)